Friday, August 28, 2020

Time for a Vacation!

 

 

It's been a year and two weeks since I posted my first blog on our Unexpected Journey.  What a journey it has been so far . . . 

This week as a result of (again) perfect labs, no detectable active cancer on my marker tests, my physician's observation of my physical presentation and a calculated (by experts) belief that what now shows on my latest scan (one appearance) may well be necrotic tissue, I asked for (and have been rewarded) a two-week break from my conventional therapy treatment.  So what are we doing on our summer vacation?

Well, this morning we went hiking!  And it was glorious.  Not too tough (rolling terrain at around 6700' -- distance just a tad over four miles).  Oh the glory of lacing up hiking boots and hitting the (real) trail! 

The way ahead for now (and we discussed four options with Dr. Rixe) is to resume my current course of therapy after a two-week break (something is working 😀).  During my vacation break I am continuing the full slate of my integrative and naturopathic care.  As Dr. Rixe advised, "Don't change a thing!"  I must say, I'm a little tired of KETO world, but hey something is working, so make mine another super-high-fat green drink! 

As long as the weather holds, we are enjoying our daily pool plunges (considering ordering neoprene tops to extend the pool season) and I'm on week 18 of unbroken Peloton workouts!  

We're two weeks away from the commencement of our next home project (thank goodness for our project management experience since we're playing general contractor this time).  And we're loving cooking together, walking, reading, hangin' with the pups and daydreaming about our future adventures.  We are present.  We are joyful.  Life is good.

Quote for the Day:

The present moment is filled with joy and happiness.  If you are attentive, you will see it.

                                                                     ~Thich Nhat Hanh 

Progress Report:

  • Blog will resume post-vacay (after 8 September)

VIA FRANCIGENA!



No comments:

Post a Comment