Saturday, June 13, 2015

Packing List

Donna's C2C Gear
The guys I work with always laugh about how small my travel bags are.  What I know for sure is you'll get pretty darned light if you have to carry it yourself.  While our gear will be sagged from point to point on the C2C -- arriving at our predetermined overnight each afternoon before us (we hope) -- we still have to schlep everything through airports and train stations AND meet a sag weight limit.  So the gear you see includes just the essentials (and really, I still think I have too much).  Packing success in my mind means every single item of gear MUST be worn or used.

My gear pack:
  • Deuter pack (Futura 30 SL)
  • Lowa boots (well broken in and waterproofed)
  • Gaiters
  • Smartwool socks heavy hiking (8)
  • Smartwool sock liners (8)
  • Hiking pants (Arcteryx long, REI convertible)
  • Hiking shorts REI (optimistic me -- we'll see if I need these) -- Cliff, by the way plans to wear shorts everyday.
  • Waterproof pants Arcteryx and jacket Mamut (expect to wear these a lot)
  • Hats: beanie, light running cap (again, likely wishful thinking), waterproof oiled hat
  • Hiking shirts (long sleeve: wool and nylon - two each)
  • Underpants (2 -- wash one, wear one), sports bras (2 -- same thought)
  • Bandanas (2) -- critical for damp, cool hikes where my nose will run like a sieve (I sportingly tie these to my pack chest strap to be viewed by all 😏)
  • First aid kit
  • K (kinetic) sports tape and knee brace (just in case)
  • Garmin GPS
  • Headlamp (actually hope not to have to use this)
  • Leki hiking poles (ultra lite carbon fiber -- a new add last year for the Grand Canyon rim-to-rim and they are a tremendous improvement over the old (heavy) sticks).
  • Hiking umbrella (Don't laugh, Cliff found these and after protesting for weeks that I would not carry one, after reading blog after blog about many (mostly) rainy days on the C2C, I gave in.  Like the headlamp, I'll be perfectly happy to carry and not use this).
So this is the last of the practice blogs.  I logged  tonight's two posts from the iPad, so we're tested and ready to go.  

"See" you in St. Bees!

No comments:

Post a Comment